- How many books do you own?
- Somewhere around 1150. It might be a lot more. I last counted earlier this summer, and I'm not sure how many binges I've gone on since then.
- Last book you bought?
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Costco impulse purchase.
- Last book someone bought you?
- Despite how much I read, people only rarely give me books. The last gift was from Eva. I mentioned I wanted to read some Ian McEwan and she gave me a bunch of beat up Ian McEwan books (along with an Edward Abbey and an Isaac Bashevis Singer) that were molding on the floor of her car. The last book purchased for me I think was from faerieburst who replaced a copy of a book that'd gone missing.
- Last book read?
- The Year's Best Science Fiction: Sixth Annual Collection
- Five books that mean a lot to me:
- King Rat, James Clavell
- The Sweet Hereafter, Russell Banks
- Santiago, Mike Resnick
- The Sparrow, Mary Doria Russell
- Alcoholics Anonymous
A Reading Meme
This is another of the pies I made for Pie Night and it was quite the hit. This one had no alcohol in the pie itself, and just a couple tablespoons…
This pie turned out quite well. Everyone at Pie Night loved it. The caramel was a bit boozier than I thought it would be, but I coulda been doing it…
Here’s the recipe for the Shrimp Pie I made for Pie Night last night. It comes from Cooking Light Annual Recipes 2006 . They took a reader…