- How many books do you own?
- Somewhere around 1150. It might be a lot more. I last counted earlier this summer, and I'm not sure how many binges I've gone on since then.
- Last book you bought?
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Costco impulse purchase.
- Last book someone bought you?
- Despite how much I read, people only rarely give me books. The last gift was from Eva. I mentioned I wanted to read some Ian McEwan and she gave me a bunch of beat up Ian McEwan books (along with an Edward Abbey and an Isaac Bashevis Singer) that were molding on the floor of her car. The last book purchased for me I think was from faerieburst who replaced a copy of a book that'd gone missing.
- Last book read?
- The Year's Best Science Fiction: Sixth Annual Collection
- Five books that mean a lot to me:
- King Rat, James Clavell
- The Sweet Hereafter, Russell Banks
- Santiago, Mike Resnick
- The Sparrow, Mary Doria Russell
- Alcoholics Anonymous
A Reading Meme
I don't plan to delete my LJ (I paid for permanent status, dammit), but this will be the last post. I don't plan to read it anymore, either…
Turns out my insurance is cut off at midnight tonight, not the end of the month. In a way, that's a good thing. Now I'll move my appointment…
A week off, but tomorrow I head to the home office for a week there.