- How many books do you own?
- Somewhere around 1150. It might be a lot more. I last counted earlier this summer, and I'm not sure how many binges I've gone on since then.
- Last book you bought?
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Costco impulse purchase.
- Last book someone bought you?
- Despite how much I read, people only rarely give me books. The last gift was from Eva. I mentioned I wanted to read some Ian McEwan and she gave me a bunch of beat up Ian McEwan books (along with an Edward Abbey and an Isaac Bashevis Singer) that were molding on the floor of her car. The last book purchased for me I think was from faerieburst who replaced a copy of a book that'd gone missing.
- Last book read?
- The Year's Best Science Fiction: Sixth Annual Collection
- Five books that mean a lot to me:
- King Rat, James Clavell
- The Sweet Hereafter, Russell Banks
- Santiago, Mike Resnick
- The Sparrow, Mary Doria Russell
- Alcoholics Anonymous
A Reading Meme
Seriously, Madison Wisconsin, you aren't a big enough city to name two different hospitals "General Hospital".
I’m finally upgrading to Gramps 4.1, which changes how it handles places. It now builds a hierarchy of places. Which means I now have…
I’ve found a couple of intriguing entries in the indexes to the land records of Grant County. Both of these clipped images are from the…