- Who was your best friend? mrsloane. I've known Jason since around age 5. We've had a couple of down periods, but for around 30 years he and I have palled around. Also, my step-dad and his dad are best friends as well for about the same amount of time.
- What sports did you play? None. I ran track and cross-country and played basketball in junior high. Signed up for cross-country or track in high school, but couldn't find the doctor's office where I was supposed to get my physical, so I gave up and never played.
- What kind of car did you drive? Once or twice my step-dad let me drive the Voyager. I bumped a curb once and lost a hubcap and he never got into a car with me for years and I only got to drive after that if my mom would go to bat for me.
- It's Friday night, where were you at? Junior year? Ice skating at Sno-King Ice Arena with Jason. Occasionally we'd go to a party that seemed pretty lame. Prior to that, at home reading and listening to the radio.
- Were you a party animal? I didn't have my first drink of alcohol until mid-way through spring of my junior year. Drank a two-liter of orange California Cooler in the bank parking lot behind the Sno-King Ice Arena. Drank a few times a month after that until college. Not exactly a party animal.
- Were you considered a flirt? Too scared to be.
- Ever skip school? Nope. Only time I got in trouble really was for forging a note that said I could go on a class field trip. I think I did J.U.G. (Juvenile Under Guidance a.k.a. detention) one or two other times, but I can't remember for what. Not skipping though.
- Were you a nerd? I was the smart kid who wasn't in the nerd group. That was Josh Landrum and Raoul St. Pierre and their group. I sort of hung out with Alvan Foote and Keri Kincaid and the drama kids, though I never was in any of the productions at all.
- Did you get suspended/expelled? No.
- Can you sing the Alma Mater? I wouldn't even know if we had one.
- Who was your favorite teacher? I vaguely recall Mr. Norman. Perhaps Frau Zaugg.
- Favorite class? German.
- What was your school's full name? Seattle Preparatory School Matteo Ricci College Form 1.
- School mascot? Panther.
- Did you go to Prom? Yup. Took me forever to screw up the courage to ask my crush of that spring to go with me. However, Cathy Buckley turned me down after thinking about it over the weekend. She had a crush on my friend Rob Sokol who had a crush on … You get the picture. After a bit, I decided I was damn well going to go to the prom. I'd been a wallflower for my entire high school time and was kind of fed up with it (the wallflower thing really didn't change until 2002 though). So I asked Kristina Petgrave to go with me. I liked her too, even if she wasn't my number 1 crush. But since I waited so long, she told me she would only go if she could find a dress in time (this was around 2 weeks prior to the dance). She found one. Mostly had a good time. Didn't get a kiss, probably cause I was too scared to try.
- If you could go back and do it over, would you? Given the choice? No. It'd only be worthwhile if I could take the knowledge of who I am with me so I could do it better. But I've gotten to where I want to go, so starting over would be a waste of time.
- What do you remember most about graduation? I haven't graduated.
- Favorite memory of your Senior Year? I didn't have a senior year. I didn't enjoy much my junior year; the good times start the summer after junior year.
- Were you ever posted up on the senior wall? No clue what this is.
- Did you have a job your senior year? Nope.
- Who did you date? No one. My first date ever was prom, and while it was a good time, it wasn't exactly a rousing success as far as a
- Where did you go most often for lunch? Cafeteria.
- Have you gained weight since then? Yes.
- What did you do after graduation? I didn't graduate. After junior year, I went ice skating, drank, then headed off to college.
- When did you graduate? Haven't. Left after junior year along with half my class. Since I failed English and Math, I had to send my college transcript with my passing English and Math grade. Never bothered. Officially, I am considered part of the class of 1988 though.
High school meme
I don't plan to delete my LJ (I paid for permanent status, dammit), but this will be the last post. I don't plan to read it anymore, either…
Turns out my insurance is cut off at midnight tonight, not the end of the month. In a way, that's a good thing. Now I'll move my appointment…
A week off, but tomorrow I head to the home office for a week there.