? ?
entries friends calendar profile King Rat Previous Previous Next Next
King Rat
Private Life

Basically it takes me about an hour and 10 minutes to get to work on the bus. This is mostly due to walking time and waiting time. My actual time spent on the bus is about 40 to 50 minutes (well, sometimes a lot longer if there is lots of traffic). The 554 leaves downtown around 25 and 55 minutes after the hour. The 70 from Eastlake gets me downtown at 5, 25, 40, or 55 after the hour. It's supposed to be every 15 minutes, but it never seems to work out that way. I always get downtown around those times. Either I get there right around the time the 554 is leaving, just after it leaves (and I wait 30 more minutes), or with about 15 to 20 minutes to wait.

So this morning, I wake up at 8. Due to the amount of beans I have eaten in the last two days, it took me until 8:30 before I could jump in the shower. Shower, dress, collect all my stuff, feed the cat, and it's 8:55. I have a phone interview that I am supposed to do at 10, so I am pushing it to make it to work by 10 on the bus.

I really wanted to ride the bus today. I have a meeting at the ACLU at 5:30 and I didn't want to park downtown. Pain in the ass. But I need to drive if I will make it for this interview. So I hop in the car. I figure I will leave my car here at work overnight and bus home and to work tomorrow.

I get in, and find out that my interviewee canceled 2 minutes after I closed my email to go hop in the car. So I didn't need to drive after all.

Course, the real solution would be to go home from the Mercury at a reasonable hour and actually go to bed instead of watching TV, surfing or reading until 3 a.m.!!!

1 comment or Leave a comment
staxxy From: staxxy Date: September 5th, 2002 11:45 am (UTC) (Link)

it could happen

it never does for me either, but it *could* happen.

the trouble is that after you get home from the merc it takes a little while to wind down enough to actually *sleep*.
1 comment or Leave a comment