- Become very conversant in the positions of the candidates for President. All the major candidates for the Republicans and Democrats, as well as third party candidates who aren't on the lunatic fringe (e.g., Lyndon LaRouche) or doing it for a lark (e.g., Bob Ott's Let's Have a Pizza Jam party).
- Have lots of good sex this year. Preferably with a girlfriend. And preferably great sex.
- Get in good enough shape to be able to dance for a half hour straight at the Mercury without break.
- Read a book a week on average. Had this resolution last year, didn't make it. See comment after this list.
- Keep my basket o' paper empty.
- Get a 4 review score.
- Take a fiction writing class, and start getting some of my ideas written down for the consumption of others.
That's enough for now. Last year I made some resolutions. Don't really recall all of them at the moment (I'll have to go back and check). I did make on about reading a book a week. I read a lot, but didn't average that high. I don't feel like a failure though. To me, the point of having New Year's resolutions is not that I must achieve them. The point is that they are a direction for me. It's a decision and a reminder for the future of the direction I want to go.