This morning, I realized as I got into the shower that there are a lot of little things that keep me sane and on track. Things that I could probably do without, but for some reason I use them to make sense of the world, to prevent problems from occurring. Some things that I noticed this morning:
- I use a kitchen timer set to 10 minutes so I don't use all the hot water in the shower.
- My alarm clock is on the opposite side of the room from my bed so that I will have to get up to turn it off or hit snooze. I often still hit snooze and go back to sleep, however.
- My bus pass goes in the back pocket of my pants, so that it is always accessible and I do not hold up the line. Nothing else goes in the back pocket of my pants.
- My bookmarks are organized by how frequently I use them. I have folders for frequent, daily, weekly, occasional, and reference. Within those, I may organize by subject.
- I always get my mail immediately after I get home. I never do something else first upon arriving at home.