15 years ago (1988)
- Started sophomore year of college. Computer science major. Grades hadn't yet started to tank, but my drinking was increasing rapidly.
- Started first job ever at Karen's Old Fashioned Ice Cream in downtown Moscow.
- Met Lora Dawn Carney, who in early 1989 would become my first girlfriend.
10 years ago (1993)
- Dropped out of school, worked as a grounds-keeper at Washington State
- Was sponsoring Shawn and Brett. Started sponsoring Ron. Sponsored others whose names I can't remember.
- Started Extended Hand group.
- Was alternate chairperson for Corrections & Treatment Committee of District 20.
- Led A.A. meetings at Cottonwood prison twice a month.
- Went all goo-goo for several girls who weren't interested or not available for one reason or another, including Tina and Christie.
- Started playing pool regularly.
7 Years Ago (1996)
- Working at Pacific Simulation. Luke Sheneman left, leaving me as the senior developer after working only 6 months.
- Newsletter chairperson for District 7 (after split of Washington Area)
- Met Kerry Wirth, who would become first girlfriend since Lora.
5 Years Ago (1998)
- Quit Pacsim, first time I ever quit a job. Every other job I ever had was temp (such as Dept. of Employment or WSU) or part-time (such as Karen's). Moved to Boise to work at Spur Products. Spur Products immediately began having cash-flow problems and I began looking for work in Seattle.
- Home group became Utopia. Only my third home group (previous two being Happy Destiny, Extended Hand).
3 Years Ago (2000)
- Accepted position at Microcrafts, which immediate changed it's name to Vanteon and started having cash-flow problems. Began looking for work elsewhere.
- Briefly dated insolent, who I met through the Seattle chat group on Yahoo.
- I meet April, who is destined to become my evil ex. We begin a rocky relationship that includes calls to the police, trips to the hospital, and lawsuits.
- Jason got divorced, we start spending a lot more time together. We begin going out to the Vogue and the Mercury regularly.
- Moved to Redmond.
- Jason met and briefly dated Laura. I became friends with her. I get caught in the crossfire.
2 Years Ago (2001)
- Finally end relationship with April. File lawsuit.
- Move to Seattle.
- Quit Vanteon and start at Expedia in flights.
- Matt dies Christmas morning in one vehicle accident. I am devastated.
1 Year Ago (2002)
- Find crack bored.
- Have first and probably only one night stand of my life.
- Get promotion to dev manager of cruise group. Have position yanked 2 days later. End up with lead position instead. I kick ass at new job anyway.
- Meet Deirdre. Meet Deborah. Both surprisingly become among my closest confidants.
6 months ago (March)
- Person who got dev manager job asks me to take his place.
- Had breakfast at 14 Carrot Café
- Read Partners in Crime.
- Dinner with greenwood
- Mercury. Enjoy myself despite exhaustion.
- Breakfast with Jason.
- Watched Terminator on TBS.
Tomorrow, I will
- Attend Seattle Mariners baseball game.
5 Things I'd Buy With $1,000
Odd part of this deal. Has no connection to previous time based lists.
- I could use a new bed, I spose. Mostly I have everything I want or need. Perhaps this should be the place where I say I buy my tickets to Italy?
All the Places I've Lived
- 7026 5th Ave NW, Seattle through 1974.
- 333 NW 183rd St, Seattle (now Shoreline)
- North Seattle with my grandfather, freshman year of high school, 1984 to 1985
- 333 NW 183rd St, Seattle (now Shoreline), through August 1987
- 216 Gault Hall, University of Idaho, fall 1987
- Moscow Hotel, subletting a room so as to gain residency, winter break 1987.
- 308 Gault Hall, University of Idaho, spring 1988
- Taylor Ave, Moscow, summer 1988
- 318 Gault Hall, University of Idaho, fall 1988 to spring 1989
- Lilly St house with Lora, Moscow, summer 1989
- G-9 Gault Hall, University of Idaho, fall 1989 to spring 1990
- Mountain View Drive, Moscow, summer 1990
- 913 Vandal Drive, Moscow, fall 1990 to spring 1994
- Woodinville, with friend Jennifer and her mother Sue, summer 1994
- G-8 Gault Hall, University of Idaho, fall 1994 to spring 1995
- 1475 Hawthorne Drive, Moscow, summer 1995 through november 1995
- Lenter St, Moscow, november 1995 to may 1996
- 1220 E 5th St, Apt 8, Moscow, june 1996 to october 1996
- 101 W Second, Deary, november 1996 to may 1998
- Meridian, Idaho, at Beavis' house, june 1998
- 1963 S Vista, Boise, july 1998 to january 1999
- 5025 NW David Road, Bremerton, february 1999
- 1434 W Kitsap Lake Rd, Bremerton, march 1999 to december 1999
- 5025 NW David Road, Bremerton, december 1999 to january 2000
- 18666 Redmond Way Apt QQ1130, Redmond, january 2000 to july 2001
- 2301 Fairview Ave E Apt 107, Seattle, august 2001 to present