addy as a substitution for
This is a work in progress. It will be what I use to evaluate candidates for President and other offices. Maybe it will turn into something I use for my own platform if I ever run for office. To start, it will cover more national issues than state or local, as I am sadly not as well informed on local issues as I should be. Issues are listed in rough order of priority.
- The de-corporitization of America. Curtailing the power of corporations in American life so that individual and community policy is paramount. Preventing the U.S. from becoming an effective oligarchy.
- A responsible fiscal and monetary policy.
- Liberty issues. This is a catch-all bucket for issues such as same-sex marriage, the rights of homosexuals to serve freely in the military, scaling back police power and the rule of law, scaling back copyright terms.
- A considered multi-lateral approach to foreign policy.
- Environmental protection and inclusion of long term environmental impact in economic analysis.
Have to run off to work now. Will add more and probably expand later. Though maybe not today.
A program that has not been specified cannot be incorrect; it can only be surprising. W. D. Young, W.E. Boebert and R.Y. Kain