Dinner tonight will be… Yep, I bought a genuine Crock Pot. Only thing is, someone please explain to me what sorting the beans in step 2 means?
Tiny French Beans with Smoked Sausage
- 2 pounds smoked turkey sausage, cut into 1½-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup minced shallots
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups dried flageolets or other dried white beans (about 1 pound)
- 2 cups water
- ¼ cup minced fresh or 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon celery seeds
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 (14½-ounce) cans fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add sausage, sauté 5 minutes or until browned. Remove from pan, and place in an electric slow cooker. Heat the oil in pan over medium heat. Add shallots and garlic; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Sort and wash beans. Add beans, shallot mixture, water, and the remaining ingredients to slow cooker. Cover and cook on high 8 hours or until beans are tender. Yield: 8 servings (serving size 1¼ cups).
Larry's doesn't have turkey sausage, so I am using Andouille chicken sausage.
Crapola. Thought I had gotten
mildly spiced sausage. Nope. One package was
mildly spiced. The other is
spicy hot. I can handle the spiciness, but it masks the more subtle flavors of thyme, shallot, and garlic.