Yesterday I threw my second pie shindig. Twas a lot of fun, although I ended up getting started later than I thought due to work issues. I am too loyal to this place, dammit!
I made four pies: blueberry, strawberry, apple, and peach. They all turned out well, even though it was my first time making apple or peach pie (andI did forget to put in the cinnamon in the apple).
- Laurie (rowansilverwing) & Rachel (Black Orchid) who showed up before the first two pies were out of the oven and hung out exclaiming how interesting it was to watch a guy actually cook while I was making up the second two.
- Rebecca (girlNeko), who I must apologize to if I misspelled your name. I forgot to ask. I never met her before this, but she lives a couple of blocks away with metalmensch. She wore a fabulous burgundy colored skirt. She was the quiet one of the bunch last night, but she smiles a lot and ate four pieces of pie before she had to deal with the blood sugar.
- Amanda and Leeanne, who are not board or Live Journal people.
- Jason, who called and offered to bring something but I didn't realize at the time I had no ice cream.
- Maria (Mariposa), who called about 5 times to see if the pie was ready and who would be there and who was already there before she actually showed up and had a good time.
- Shirley, looking spectacular in a tube top kind of thing.
- Tari (catsclaw), again, sorry for any misspelling of your name. Yet another person I hadn't met but who lived in the neighborhood. She showed up with lovely purple hair (one of my favorite colors).
- Jessica and Chris. Chris is apparently working his way out of the doghouse (he failed to show on a date with her last week). We flipped him quite a bit of crap for that, and he took it with grace. As he should.
Sum total (oxymoron!), 4 pies made, 2 completely eaten, and about enough to make 3/4 of a pie left. 11 attendees. Not a bad outing overall.