Watch this space for recipe tonight. Plan is dilled pork stroganoff and herbed green peas. And a pie. Now… off to the store to pick up the other white meat.
Dilled Pork Stroganoff
- 3 cups uncooked medium egg noodles (about 6 ounces)
- 1 (1-pound) pork tenderloin, trimmed and cut into ½-inch strips
- ½ teaspoon salt, divided
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2½ teaspoons butter, divided
- ½ cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups chopped Walla Walla or other sweet onion
- 1 (8-ounce) package presliced mushrooms
- 1 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon all purpose flour
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
- Sprinkle pork with ¼ teaspoon salt and pepper. Melt 1½ teaspoons butter in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add pork, sauté 4 minutes or until pork loses its pink color. Remove pork from pan, keep warm.
- Add broth to pan, cook 30 seconds. Add 1 teaspoon butter, ¼ teaspoon salt, onion, and mushrooms, cook 8 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from heat.
- Combine sour cream, dill, Dijon mustard, and flour in a small bowl. Add pork and sour cream mixture to pan, stir well. Serve pork mixture immediately over noodles. Garnish with dill sprigs, if desired.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 cup pork mixture and 1 cup noodles).
Notes on my preparation: Messed up on a couple of small points (put broth and butter into pan at the same time, etc.). Also, didn't put all the mushrooms in. Thought the recipe called for 4 ounces of mushrooms. Should have put them in anyway since I love mushrooms. And I should have known extra mushrooms wouldn't hurt like extra spice might have.
Herbed green peas
Heat 2 teaspoons butter in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add 2 cups frozen peas, thawed, and ¼ cup chopped green onions, sauté 5 minutes. Stir in ¼ teaspoon salt, 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, and 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme.