Got this recipe from my cousin’s wife, Leah. Essentially, this is homemade creamed corn. But it’s way better, and super easy.
- 4 cans corn, drained (white corn suggested)
- 1 stick butter
- 1 8 oz. block cream cheese
- 1 jalapeño pepper
- preheat oven to 375°
- soften butter in microwave (or leave butter on counter to soften ahead of time)
- dice jalapeño finely (or use pre-diced canned jalapeño, though not as good)
- combine butter and cream cheese well
- add corn
- add jalapeño
- mix well
- bake in 9 in. by 13 in. pan for 30 to 35 minutes
crossposted from King Rat.